The following are things you can do to maintain control of your bicycle, even in an emergency:
- Ensure your bicycle is the right size and properly adjusted to fit you.
- A properly-fitted bicycle is more comfortable and easier to control.
- A Bicycle Store can help you choose the correct size bicycle.
- Ensure your bicycle is in good working order by inspecting it regularly.
Properly-fitted helmets provide protection from a potentially life-threatening head injury. By law, bicycle riders under 18 years old must wear a bicycle helmet while riding on a public road.
Wear your helmet per manufacturer directions.
Be Visible and Alert
Even if you obey all traffic laws, there is always a risk of a collision.
- Be prepared to stop for vehicles waiting at stop signs, in driveways, or parking spaces.
- Be prepared to take evasive action relating to vehicles that have just passed you and may turn right.
- Use hand signals before making turns or changing lanes to warn traffic around you.
Ride in a Safe Lane Position
Ride in the same direction as traffic so you are more visible to drivers entering roads or changing lanes in the following scenarios:
- Passing a vehicle or another bicycle.
- Preparing to make a left turn at an intersection.
- When a lane is too narrow for a bicycle
- When approaching a right turn.
- If the road is one-way with two or more lanes.
Included with every Bike Rental
GPX Track suggested routes
Free Child seat up 20 kg
Condition and purpose
The Client acknowledges and agrees that they have inspected the Equipment, and that the Equipment is in good condition and suitable for the intended use.
Cycling involves Risks. The Client agrees that despite such Risks the Client wants to participate in the holiday and/or hire and use the Equipment, and accepts sole responsibility for: (a) the Equipment; and (b) the safety of the Client and others.
The Client will take proper and reasonable care of the Equipment during the Hire Period, and will return it in good order and condition to Bicycl-e by 19:00h on the return date specified in the Contract, unless otherwise agreed by Bicycl-e. Late returns will be charged a daily hire rate until returned, unless prior arrangements have been made.
The Client warrants that all persons who will use the Equipment are competent to use the Equipment, will use the Equipment in the manner it was designed to be used, will follow any directions from Bike Breaks relating to the use and safety of the Equipment, and will comply with all laws and obligations in relation to the use and control of the Equipment.
No modifications to Equipment.
The Client will not change or modify the Equipment without Bike Bicycl-e’s agreement. If the Client changes or modifies the Equipment without Bike Breaks’s agreement, such changes or modifications will be considered damage, and clause 7) will apply.
Damage or loss
The Client is solely responsible for any damage to, or loss of, the Equipment during the Hire Period. The Client will notify Bicycl-e immediately if the Equipment is damaged or lost, and will follow all reasonable instructions of Bicycl-e in relation to such damaged or lost Equipment.
In the case of damage to the Equipment (excluding reasonable wear and tear, and any damage to inner tubes), however caused, the Client will be responsible for and will pay Bicycl-e for the full cost of all repairs, including the cost of replacing any damaged parts and any labour to restore the Equipment to the condition it was in at the commencement of the Hire Period. For the avoidance of doubt, Bicycl-e has the sole right to reasonably determine: (a) whether the Equipment has been damaged during the Hire Period; (b) whether such damage is beyond reasonable wear and tear; (c) the extent of such damage; and (d) the full cost of the repairs required.
In the case of loss of the Equipment, however caused, the Client will be responsible for and will pay Bicycl-e for the full cost to Bicycl-e of replacing such Equipment.
- For all bookings full payment is required upon booking. Payment will be made via the secure online booking system.
- The Client also agrees to pay all applicable: (a) IVA tax and any other government taxes or duties; and (b) bank charges on money transfers.
Changes to Bookings /Cancellation
- If the service becomes unavailable for the Hire Period due to circumstances beyond Bicycl-e’ control (such as theft, fire, earthquake, or damage from an earlier hire contract), Bicycl-e will use its best efforts to offer the Client a suitable alternative. If Bicycl-e is unable to offer a suitable alternative, the Client will be entitled to a full refund of any monies paid to Bicycl-e, minus any costs Bicycl-e has incurred related to this booking.
- No refunds will be made for early returns, late pickups, no-shows or change of mind.